The new Skype version is very annoying with biiiiig video ads that take lots of useful space.
But don’t worry, they can be removed COMPLETELY (windows only)!
Follow this istructions!
First of all, we block comunication to ads services:
- Open-up the control panel.
- Open-up “Network & Internet” then “Internet Options”.
- Go to the “Security” tab.
- Click on the “Restricted Sites” icon, then the “Sites” button below it.
- Type https://apps.skype.com/ into the text box and click “Add”
- Close and apply the changes.
After this, we remove the space used for ads:
- Find skype config file: C:\users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\Skype\yourskypeu
- Find the line <AdvertPlaceholder>1</AdvertPlaceholder>
- Remove the line completely
- 4. Save and restart skype
Now your skype is ads free!